Deposits may not be available for immediate withdrawal.

Friday, January 21, 2005

Hindi-Chini bhai-behen ?

A dear friend who shall not be named has complained that I'm giving away too many secrets on my blogs. So, as an apology, this post is dedicated to him. The topic is one that is both very dear to him, and also segues beautifully from the previous posts. This is about Oriental women, lovingly referred to as chaptis.

Right - so I wonder what it is about chaptis that gets some Indian men all worked up. Is it just some kind of irrational fetish, or is there something deeper?

The first thing that strikes me about Chinese women is that they tend to be small and fragile-looking.
(Note, however, that this impression is invariably misleading. Anyone who has seen Chinese women at the gym will have noticed that they can usually clock up a couple of hours on the treadmill without breaking a sweat. In all likelihood, they can outlast most Indian men in a cross-country challenge. If you want more proof - check out Zhang Zhiyi in any of her leaping roles)
Anyway, back to the point. I think the apparent fragility of these women is an immediate turn-on. Hindi cinema has always played up the 'nazuk' sensuality of their heroines. 'Sheeshe ke ang' sounds pretty scary to me, but then I suppose most guys prefer it that way. Women like these provide just the right opportunity to strap on the shining armour and mount the white steed. Makes them feel all strong and manly, and I'm sure the women don't mind the attention.

I think thats the big reason. The other thing that is common to most Orientals is their surprising lack of body hair. This, as we all know, is a huge advantage for the women. The psychology behind such thinking shall be explored on another post.

So to all those who feel the India-China rivalry is getting out of hand, I say - make love, not war.